December 4 2015

Update

Health Update

IMAG0153So it begins, here is an update on what is happening with the old squirrel.  I’ve been diagnosed with Stage 4 Prostate Cancer that has metastasized into my bones in multiple places.  I will start treatment next week.  We are still waiting for some biopsy work to be completed also next week.  I may also have Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, but will know more about this diagnoses after the biopsies.  What will be the final outcome is yet to be known but we will try to stay positive.

6 Responses to “Update”

1. Jean Lathem says:

OMG !! My prayers are with you and Debbie. As a retired nurse , I found that positive mental attitude helps patients get through their treatments . Everyday will be a new day. Try to stay strong… Jean

Yes, Jean we’re trying. It’s the stress of it all, that seems to be that one thing that is the hardest to control. Most of the rest of it is out of our hands. Trying to manage, when your shell shocked to begin with isn’t easy. According to the doctor, most likely I’ve had this cancer for quite a while, or it’s a very aggressive form. We still don’t have a lot of answers until the biopsies are complete. Starting Tuesday a shot of Leuprolide Acetate and then Zoledronic Acid, Intravenously for 28 days. The Doctor may make changes because on Monday the biopsy will have results for him. That’s the snapshot of where we are at. It’s a lousy picture, I’ve taken better ones.

3. Jasamine says:

I am heartfelt sorry to read this post. I shall be sending positive thoughts to you and Debbie,
    across the Atlantic every day, and wish you well on your treatments. Kindest Regards Jasamine. (from the Shetland Isles)

4. Chad says:

Casting positive thoughts your way Robert…stay strong…

5. Joanna says:

I haven’t looked at your blog since you left Alaska, mostly because I became a mom and just didn’t have enough time for that and because I really loved watching the squirrels and missed them. But today I just wanted to check on you. And here you are with the diagnosis we are all so scared to hear. I wish you all the best and I believe you can overcome it! Stay strong and positive!!! You are in my thoughts. Best Regards Joanna

Thanks Joanna, I appreciate the support and good thoughts. It helps a great deal.