April 30 2013

Regalia

Gourd Dance

134650-1.jpg

Some things are sacred and beautiful to look at.  The prayers they represent when used in the Gourd Dance moves me to tears sometimes.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Regalia”

1. ZChicago says:

Your photos of the Pow-wow are great. They would be really nice put together as a book. I’m sure there are a lot of people who attended the gathering who would love to have it as a reminder of that event.

OH Z, what a compliment… but that sure sounds like work… They can just check them all out on my flickr page, that is a whole lot easier. Anyway, I wouldn’t have a clue as to going about publishing a picture book Thanks

3. ZChicago says:

You could do a limited edition of softcover with iPhoto. Apple has a way to do it. I looked it up.

But you’re right, they could just check your flickr page.

How’s your bird nest coming along? Any eggs?

I did check the nest Z, and there is four or more eggs in it. I’m not sure. You have to feel, you can’t see into the nest.

5. Frannie says:

Yes Yes Yes
    You could put together a little booklet-type thing and sell them at the next powwow.
    Small investment with big results!

Thanks Frannie, between you and Z, I love the compliment that you think they would sell. I have my doubts as to why anyone would pay me money to look at my pictures.

7. Frannie says:

Oh…stop being so modest and get busy!!
    Do something creative and make some pocket change
    out of it. It would pay for your paper, ink, etc. You could
    have Mail Boxes, etc., or one of those copy places put
    them together into pamphlet form and it probably wouldn’t
    cost that much. You could even make something out of your
    birdie pics, too, for the nature lovers out there when they
    go to the powwow. You’re smart, Bob, do it.