June 7 2012

The Chunky Monkey

The Rainbow Bridge

We lost our little buddy tonight.  The monkey man decided to travel on alone to the rainbow bridge and he will wait for us there.  He died in my lap, and my old heart just broke.  He has been so much a part of our lives for oh so long now.  I can’t express the sadness and grief that the death of this little dog has caused in me.

7 Responses to “The Chunky Monkey”

1. zChicago says:

That’s so sad, Bob. I’ll hold his memory close. He had a happy and eventful life and got as much love as he gave. Hugs to you and Debbie.

2. Dequilter says:

Bob and Debbie, I am so so sorry to hear about Chunky Monkey.. I know the grief and loss. I had 2 dachshunds that have passed on. You have a lot of good memories. He was too tired and said he’ll meet you both on the other side.
    We’ll pray that your loss and emptiness will lessen each day. You both gave him a great life. Jean , De

3. Pete, Barb, and Meggie says:

You know how much we loved Chunky and share your loss. We know he is in a better place. Pete, Barb, and Meggie

4. Pootie says:

Sincere condolences on this sad day. All lovers of 4-legged “babies”
    (they ARE our babies) are with you and Debbie in sharing your
    sorrow and loss. It’s very hard to think about because it’s so fresh
    and every time you do, the tears are instantly there. We know you’ll
    be very lonesome without him, but with time, the loneliness does
    become easier.
    All our love and healing thoughts go to you and Deb.
    Pootie, Tootie, and Poppy

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It is a very sad day for us and I don’t think it will be much better for quite a while. His presence in our lives was immeasurable.

6. Ed of So Cal says:

Sorry about your loss. He always just fit into your family perfectly. I have a mini Doxie now, Rosie, and only a Doxie lover knows how truly loveable a doxie is. At least your Chunky got some good travels before he left. Good nite little pooch.

7. rolaids says: