December 3 2011

The Chunky Monkey

The Old Man

2679-1.jpg

He getting really old, but he’s hanging in there. ┬áHe’s a good dog.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “The Chunky Monkey”

Good ol’ Chunky. He looks like such a sweetie-pie. I bet that when he makes it back to Alaska with you in summer he’ll recognize the old familiar smells and sounds.

2. Dequilter says:

Bob, did I miss something? Are you heading back to Alaska this summer.
    Good to see Chunky. I miss my dachey doggies. Jean

We may try to go up this next summer for a visit. There is so many ifs, and you know how things go. It’s a long trip to pull the RV up the Alcan. I don’t know if I’m up for that. I don’t think we could fly, because I don’t believe the Monkey would survive it. We could possibly catch the ferry up, and back. We would have to leave the RV in storage and just travel up with the pickup to Alaska and rent a RV there. Like I said, there is so many ifs, to deal with. We will just have to play it by ear.

4. Dequilter says:

There are a lot of big IF’S. At least you do have some choices. If it were me, I would put the RV in storage. Take the pick-up. How many hours are we talking about. If Ferry is an option and not too expensive that wuld be best.
    Is it a car transport ferry or a pedistrian ferry ? Also, how long does it take by ferry ? Don’t you have family you can stay with without renting an RV?

Heh, you have as many questions as I do Dequilter. lol

6. Ed of So Cal says:

Sad to hear that the Chunky Monkey is slowing down. I guess even though we do not notice, we all do. When I read about the slowing Chunky Monkey I had to go back through your journey from the Old Permafrost Ranch. I used to watch the vising squirrels and flyers late at night because, like you, I do not sleep a lot at night. I went back to where you had decided to sell the old Permafrost Ranch. …. and then it sold … so very fast in the end of July….. then off to the south you and Debbie and the Chunky Monkey went…. I wonder, what happened to your old red lab looking dog that you had on the old Permafrost Ranch? I hope he is well. Enjoy your warm winter in the high desert. you are about 120 miles north of where I am from…. Imperial Valley, California. That is a climate much like where you are now. Great weather in the winter, unbearably hot in the summer. I remember summer days at 120 degrees plus….. best wishes for you and the family, including the old Chunky Monkey. and yes…. when he leaves, you must get another Doxie…. perhaps a Mini? I have a mini named Rosey…. Doxies are great friends…..

Hi Ed, the old red looking lab is named Sugar Bear and she is still in Fairbanks but she is living with my daughter. Thanks for the thoughts and writing. I appreciate hearing from you.