April 11 2011

Stormy Night

Stormy Weather

1828-copy1.jpgI was awakened last night by a huge clap of thunder.  There was extreme storm warnings all around us here in Burleson.  Some areas of this county were hit really hard by high winds and maybe tornadoes also in some areas. Nothing more than heavy rain and strong winds here but no damage.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Stormy Night”

That’s a lovely photo.

We were on the edge of the storm. We had strong winds and I could see the clouds to the north and west of me, but it just passed us by. Good thing that you didn’t have any damage. Poor Chunky must have been frightened.

2. nancy says:

Hope your little squirrel friend took cover before the storm hit. Stay safe.

3. munford says:

Storms here too. We were lucky how the tornadoes or straight line winds skipped around us although the wind was very strong. I was worried about my squirrels and babies that might still be in nests. I fed first thing this morning and all my squirrels are accounted for. They sure were hungry but I was so happy to see them. Those bad storms sure seem to follow I35.
    First storm my kitten has heard. He had to part the drapes to look out to see what was going on. I kept pulling him out of the windows but he kept getting back in them and standing up putting his two front paws against the window panes. The dog could have cared less. It was like she was telling me, “Are you all crazy? Come back to bed!.”

Munford: that’s a good story. It made me smile. The storms missed me as well. If a storm is really bad, my cat hides under the coffee table and with yesterday’s she didn’t do that so I figured it was ok.

5. munford says:

Z from Chicago, you are right about our pets. They are like little barometers for us and I do believe they know if the really bad weather is near us. It is like they have a 6th sense.

The Chunky Monkey didn’t even roll over with all the noise. Nothing gets that old dog out of bed except the call of nature.