February 9 2011

Injured Squirrel

Fatal Injury I’m Afraid

injured.jpg This is the little female that has been coming for peanuts.  Somehow, she’s become badly injured.  She has already lost an eye to this it looks like to me and maybe her life, because her jaws are so swollen she can’t eat.  I think I noticed a wound that looks like a bb or pellet gun entrance.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Injured Squirrel”

1. Debbie says:

I’m so sad if someone shot her, I hope that’s not the case.. Why would someone want to hurt our Little Girl, my heart is breaking

2. Jojo says:

Ow sweetie. nature is a bitch.

3. munford says:

She is such a sweet little girl and never hurt anybody. If some human did this to her it makes me so angry….the very same thing should happen to the human who hurt her. Do you really think she won’t make it, Bob? I am going to be praying for her. Did she get down some of that peanut butter?

4. munford says:

Debbie, please let me know whether this sweet girl comes back again tomorrow or not. I don’t understand humans that hurt animals. I am so, so sorry. I know your heart is breaking because it breaks my heart to see this and she isn’t even my squirrel, she is your little sweetheart. I’m just like you. I love the little squirrels that come here to eat and I don’t want anything to happen to them or your baby either!

Hi Munford, the injured squirrel didn’t return to the feeder yesterday, I don’t think she will live. She couldn’t eat at all, and even the peanut butter was too much for her. She was acting very weak and would fall at times while climbing up on the feeder the day she was here. I just hope she passes quickly without too much suffering. And yes people are cruel and thoughtlessly hurt maim and kill without the need to do so at times. It’s just the way it is and always has been I’m afraid. As pretty much everyone knows who reads my blog, I’m not against hunting, it’s the way our people survived for thousands of years. I’m against killing for any reason but that.

6. munford says:

Debbie and Bob, this is so sad. It is so needless and cruel. I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers go out to you both, especially Debbie who I know loved this little girl!

I’m so sorry about the little squirrel. That is so sad.

8. Hannah King says:

I hope her passsing was quick as she has certain;y suffered enough at the hands of man. Thank you for the food even though she had problems consuming it. Hope the peanuts were roasted and unsalted. Raw peanuts are not good for squirrels. They have a chemical that interferes with an enzyme produced in the squirrel’s pancreas that is needed for digestion in their G.I. track.