February 4 2011

Feeding Squirrel

Company on the Feeder

Here is Deb, giving our little friend a peanut.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Feeding Squirrel”

That’s neat.

2. munford says:

Bob and Deb, you both be careful. That ice is something else!!! I’ve been a prisoner at home now for the 5th day and I haven’t gone out for fear I would fall. I opened the front door and put one foot out while holding onto the knoor knob and my foot when to sliding and I got back in the house is a hurry. It has been so cold here all week, except today it is 25 and feels so much warmer than the teens, single digits, and below zero wind chills we have had this week. I hope the state doesn’t make us make-up a week of school. That would be the pits! Nature played a really good joke on Jerry Jones, don’t you think? All this area’s sand has gone in sanding trucks to escort the two teams from their hotels to the stadium and to their practice indoor places. The trucks lead the buses down the highways and roads. Not all the citizens here appreciate that! We even had rolling black outs of electricity so there would be enough to go around but Jerry was promised that the electricity to the stadium wouldn’t be involved since workers, teams and media are there daily. I guess “money talks.” Three hospitals in Dallas were in the rolling blackouts. I think all three finally got their generators up and working but they stopped all elective surgeries until next week. Patients were complaining that their rooms were so cold. I felt sorry for them. Doesn’t seem right to put hospitals in rolling blackouts! Stay warm and safe-both of you!

Munford is right. You guys have to be careful and not go slip sliding when you go out. Deb said she was ok after her fall, but Bob, how are you?

Mumford, I agree. If they can exempt the stadium from the blackouts, the hospitals should be exempted as well.

Hi Z, I’m okay, just sore in a few places. Thanks, for asking about me. We are both lucky that we didn’t hurt ourselves more than just bumps and bruises. Those steps are dangerous and not the easiest to negotiate for anyone even when dry. You have to pay attention and neither of us expected them to be that slippery.

It might be a good idea to have a container of sand by the door to sprinkle on the steps. I’d think that one of those parmesan cheese shakers with large holes in the lid that are sometimes found in Italian restaurants would work. But you should be getting spring pretty soon so you won’t need it any more this year …

I’m glad you didn’t break anything.

6. munford says:

Oh gee! Did you see how I spelled “door?” What was wrong with my fingers? …a “kn” at the beginning of door? My fingers and my brain must be frozen from all this cold, cold weather.
    You and Debby be careful as there is another winter storm system coming in next week. Take care. Stay in if you can.