September 4 2010

Phoenix Sunrise in Sept 09/04/10

Hot Desert Hills

7499-copy.jpgI’m sitting here this morning in the RV with the sun streaming through the window.  The air conditioner is already working overtime and as soon as that sun rose, the temperatures started to rise.  It’s going to be another hot one here in the Valley of the Sun.   This is the hottest weather I think I’ve been in for over 40 years, even last fall in Texas, it wasn’t as hot as it is here in Arizona.  I’m not use to this extreme heat and haven’t really ventured out of the RV.  Even at night it’s down right warm outside and any effort to do anything makes you sweat.  I’m sure of one thing, after this visit I don’t believe I’ll spend any time here again specially during this time of the year.  It’s a learning experience trying to find that perfect spot.  There is so much to see and so many places to try finding that perfect area to spend time.

6 Responses to “Phoenix Sunrise in Sept 09/04/10”

That sure is a pretty site.I’m sure your NOT use to the heat you’ve been in Alaska for 30 yrs plus.Just make sure you drink plenty of water & remember put walking booties on Monkey or better yet carry him.btw what’s those buildings to the far left behind the cactus ? & to the far right ?

2. Ed of So Cal says:

I grew up in the southern Desert of California south of Palm Springs… I avoid the desert this time of year. My son is on his way to visit his Grandmothers today with his Girlfriend and the Bird “RANGER”….. It is supposed to be 106 degrees Fahrenheit today there…. too hot… This time of year if I leave home it is to go to cooler climes… The California Coast, Alaska, the pacific Northwest, the higher parts of Idaho or Colorado, or Canada….. I would not dream of going to Arizona, unless it is for business…… Too hot & with the occasional thunderstorms, sometimes humid too….. yuck…. Enjoy the bake…. Probably will make the joints feel good (in moderation).

Don’t go to Colorado. It’s on fire.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOB!

(September 9, in case all you followers of the squirrel cam don’t know.)

5. Ed of So Cal says:

Happy Birthday Bob!! Enjoy the warmth.

6. icu says: