April 29 2010

Cactus Blooms

The Desert is Blooming

6774.jpg

The desert is just blooming away in places.  Water is the key, anything will grow here if you give it water.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Cactus Blooms”

Those are pretty.ppsstt Bob you wanna make some extra spending money ? have Deb buy some nice potting containers then dig some of these up put’em in the containers now you’re a Florists

2. Jojo says:

And where are these famous peyote-cactusses I’ve heard so much about?

3. Ed of So Cal says:

Hi Bob. I am up here in Anchorage and the melt off is well underway here. Last Saturday the small lakes in town were still frozen over (though thin) but today all the small lakes seemed to have melted out. Only Lake Spenard and Hood are still pretty well covered over (with thin and dangerous if one tried to walk on it) ice. Today as I was walking in Downtown Anchorage I noticed the first blooming Crocuses that I have seen here this season. It has been up to over 60 degrees here lately…. lows tonight are forecast to reach only 38…. Spring is here…. Lawns are greening up …. Spring is rushing in as we watch.

Enjoy the desert. This is the best time there.

Ed of So Cal

Hi Jojo, The next time I’m in that part of the world where they grow, I’ll try to grab a photograph of one for you.

Hi Ed, What have we done, switch poles so to speak, here I am in Sunny California, and there you are, in Alaska. lol what a hoot Enjoy the season. I just posted the other day how fast the changes of the season come to the far north. Here they tend to linger for a longer period of time.

6. Ed of So Cal says:

Yes I was there for a little over a week, Left Anchorage this morning and just got back today on Alaska Airlines.

During the week I walked Downtown Anchorage & Lake Hood & Lake Spenard & Potter’s Marsh. I visited Denali, Copper River Area (GLENNALLEN), Homer, Seward, Wasilla, Hatcher Pass, Talkeetna, and ran all over. The Rental car got over 2700 miles on it…. It was an interesting week. Back in Southern California now and it is warmer than Anchorage; of course.

Yes here in Northern Los Angeles County it is sunny and still very beautiful and not really hot yet. (Though compared to Anchorage’s 45 degree temperatures of the past few days and the coupe of 60 degree days, it is warmer and dryer.

Enjoy the beauty of the Desert now since it is the best of times …. Till it starts heating up.