April 9 2010

Yellow Bird

Yellow Birds in Yellow Flowers

04091002.jpg Hi Everyone, I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a few days, been busy just goofing off.  Had to take the truck in to have the oil changed yesterday and the tires rotated.  While the truck was up on the rack I noticed the the upper and lower ball joints boots were all cracked on both front wheels.  The estimated cost to replace was $1500.00 bucks.  That’s a lot of bird seed so keep clicking those ads.

That is a result of living in Alaska.  Rubber just doesn’t hold up in sub-zero temperatures and boots crack and need replacing all the time.  I once had a Ford Escort that the boots on the CV joints failed every winter while we owned it.  It’s the same with this truck.

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Yellow Bird”

1. CCMike says:

Hello Bob,
    good to see some new picks, as for the ball joint boots, it sounds like they are just going to go ahead and replace the ball joints all together not just the boots. I think you should just wait untill the ball joint are worn and need replacing, not have them replaced just to fix the boots, granted the boots being cracked might cause the joints to wear sooner but if your going to endure the expense anyways why not wait till there is a real reason to do the work.
    Hope this finds you, Deb and the monkey all in good health and enjoying your lifestyle

2. Pocoblu says:

Wondered where you’ve been – glad you’re back and truck is fixed up
    The bird in the pic here blends right into the bush – he has his own yellow camouflage thing going on

Nice to see you back, but I’m sorry to hear about the expensive fix-up.

Nice birdies. They have good camoflage.

Hi Mike, Yeppers, I agree with your thinking. I’m not going to replace them until I have too. Heck, I may even trade it in before I have to drop that much cash on it. I was thinking of trading up this fall if I could. We will just wait and see before I spend the money. We are in good health and enjoying our time here in the sun.

Pretty bird & flowers.Yeppers $1500 is a lot of bird seed or several 1/2’s of a dead cow to be put on the BBQ

6. Pootie says:

So glad to see this latest pic. Based on comments on last one, thought maybe you were intransit back up North. Tootie flew out to San Diego a week ago; will return Tues. His Mom fell and broke her hip. Two days after surgery to fix that, they input a pacemaker. Miss you guys. HI DEBBIE! Poppy says, “Bark! Bark!” to the Monk.

7. deb says:

clicking, clicking, clicking…monkey’s vehicle needs new boots! click, click, click ;0

8. we use mixed nuts as bird seeds when we are feeding our pet birds.:`