October 7 2009

Greetings from Flour Bluff

Flour Bluff, Corpus Christi Texas

Colonia-del-Rey.jpg We have traveled south to the Gulf Coast of Texas.  We are in a park called Colonia Del Rey, for a month.  I went to high school here in Corpus Christi.  The town has changed so much since then I hardly recognize anything.  It’s been hotter than a pistol with very high humidity.  We are learning to deal with it the best we can.  I’ll post more and some pictures as soon as I’m able to take some.  I streamed the cam last night but the view from the back window isn’t very scenic.  Hopefully some humming birds will show on the feeder, if they haven’t all migrated south.

9 Responses to “Greetings from Flour Bluff”

1. Lynn30 says:

Well , I guess you and Debbie will find your niche somewhere. I hope you enjoy the trip while looking for it 🙂

2. Lynn30 says:

PS..get to the beach and pick up a sea shell for me!!!

3. munford says:

Hot and humid here too, but not as hot as it is there. My son is in Laredo and it is 102F there! But son has dry heat. We haven’t turned our a/c off at all yet this season due to all the humidity we have . It does a good job of taking that stickiness out of the air and keeping us out of the ragweed. Suppose to get warmer during the night so the warmer temps can usher in stormy rain tomorrow.
    Is it the time of the year where the squirrels are easily finding their own food? No squirrels on feeder. I hope something hasn’t happened to them. Meanwhile many doves are eating very well. Glad no hunters are eating them!
    Have fun in Corpus. Maybe you can connect with some highschool friends. You know they all didn’t leave home and move to Alaska!

4. Melissa says:

Have fun in Corpus-have been there two times and loved it. My in-laws stayed at pioneer campground. I think it’s really changed since we’ve gone there. We are going to Florida this week, so we will be joining you on the gulf in the humidity!

5. Melissa says:

Oops-Pioneer campground on one of the islands, not in Corpus itself!:)

6. gknee says:

Eeeek! That sounds hot. My brother lives in Decatur so I’ve heard about the heat. Stay cool.

7. BruceB says:

Last year this time , you were probably chopping wood for the winter , weren’t you Bob?

Yes Bruce, but yesterday I was looking at some past pictures of the Permafrost Ranch and developed a terrible case of remorse for what I’ve left. I guess it’s a part of our human existence to long for what was. I’m still having some adjustment problems with this new life style I’ve chosen. Nonetheless, the fact I’m not having to worry about a wood pile is a plus in many ways. Here in Corpus with the hot weather I feel much like a fish out of water at times but I’m enjoying the ability to walk outside in shorts, t-shirts and sandals.

Praying that you guys find your home again, I can only imagine how much you must miss the ranch.