September 5 2009

Full Over Texas

And I’m still missing you

fullmoon.jpg There is a full moon over Texas, and I’m missing the Permafrost Ranch this morning.

7 Responses to “Full Over Texas”

Missing the Permafrost Ranch is normal after all you spent 35 yrs there raised your kids there created a lot of memorys some good and some bad & I’m sure missing the permafrost ranch is kinda like a bad case of gas,in due time it’ll pass.

Oh, Charles! LOL.

Bob, it’s the full moon that does it. When I was a kid I lived in a semi-rural area. I used to have insomnia even then. I would sit at the window and look at the full moon, which seemed so big and bright with the shadows it cast somehow more intriguing and mysterious than those cast by sunlight. I still get a little pang of nostalgia whenever I see the moon-shadows.

3. Jojo_of_borg says:

Have a beer and play old music to enhance that nostalgia, Bob. It is good to indulge in that sometimes.
    And Charles is right, except for the strange gassy part. That’s just weird.

I get very nostalgic late at night, up by myself sometimes. I hear ya, Bob…I’d be missing it too.

5. Iwonami says:

I am missing Permafrost Ranch too. Although I never lived there, never been there….. However it was (is) for me a fantastic wild place (of course I understand how difficult place to live), unforgettable view from Bob’s camera and sounds – of birds and squirrels (which I heard first time in my life), as well as trucks, machines cutting the trees, Bob saying “hello” to us – viewers… For me all these was romantic and extreamly interesting. I used to sit in front of my computer doing some jobs, either at home or in the office and listening the sounds of Alaska, as I used to call it. My “adventure” with Permafrost Ranch lasted aproox. 2 years, it’s nothing in comparison with Bob’s 35.
    I understand Bob, your nostalgy. Best regards.

It just hasn’t gotten cold yet Bob. I can’t say I don’t miss it and I haven’t even been there, eventhough you made me feel like I had. Wait until winter and see if you still miss it 😉

7. BruceB says:

dotolive always has good advice.

Bob, nothing wrong with feeling that way, its (AK) in your blood. And nothing wrong with being either homesick or longing for things you are familiar with.