August 5 2009

Truck Problems

Tires and Shocks

CompleteService.jpg

Here is the guys at Complete Service Goodyear franchise in Cheyenne.  They did once heck of a job for me.  Worked overtime to accomplish the service I needed.   I want to thank Matt Wheeler, Randy Peterson, Allen Birch, and Abs Pino.  Here is how the story goes.  It was hot so yesterday morning I stopped at a GM dealership in Casper to have the Air Conditioner on the truck serviced.   What a difference it made in keeping the truck cooled.  Then as we stopped at a rest stop Debbie notice a bulge on the side wall of the right front tire.  That wasn’t good so we stopped in Cheyenne to have it looked at.  They pulled the tire to look inside and there was some problems.  So, to make a long story short.  The tires had to be replaced, since there was some wear going on from the shocks which had just given out.  Fairbanks cold weather is hard on tires and shocks.  So a new set of shoes and shocks were installed.  Being we are going to drop a fifth wheeled trailer on the truck.  It needed to be done.

Expensive day with but we made it out of Wyoming into Denver last night and this is where we are staying.

12 Responses to “Truck Problems”

You take such good pictures of the local wildlife. (grin)

I’d say that you have three new readers of your blog.

A bulge in your tire doesn’t sound like a good thing to have at any time, especially on a long road trip. Good thing that you saw it while in a well-equipped town and before you were out in the middle of nowhere.

2. pipper says:

bob glad ur on the road again, almost makes u want to brake into song ” on the road again ” take care.

glad you got everything taken care of and are a little further down the line

4. FLNative says:

What an adventure you have had already! Stay Safe.

5. BruceB says:

Glad hearing from you and your traveling, there is always something mechanically wrong that happens when you start out in a vehicle. You are in a beautiful area.

Will be listening to all your postings…Drive safely..

6. Melissa says:

We’ll keep our fingers crossed for no more vehicle problems, Bob! Ouch! You three are really making good time-it’s been a week on the road and you’ve already made it to Denver. Texas is just around the corner. Whew!

7. kim ollie says:

Wow, glad to hear things worked out for you. Seems like you’re making good time. Be safe & keep us posted, I look for your entries daily. 🙂 Godspeed Bob!

I put my real name on my last entry without thinking, I;m littlesnow. Woops! lol

Glad to hear things are working out, I look for your entries daily 🙂

10. Bravo says:

At the rate you’re going, you’ll be in Rio this time next week… even with the repairs you’re hauling.

And serious points for the mechanics, OT and everything. Good show, guys.

Heyyyyyyy Bob.
    Great to get home and find you are all fixed up. Bet your wallet is beat up as well but as you said, had to be done. I am just really glad you didn’t get stranded and have to be towed somewhere. I agree with Z……….. you DID take a great picture of the Local Wildlife haha. ( esp the furry squirrel on the left!)
    You are becoming a star. I got a call from a friend before I left work to let me know………oh btw…….bob got his AC fixed haha.. So couldn’t wait to get home to read.
    Staying tuned for tomorrow’s episode. Love this road tour! I know your taking more pictures and can’t wait to see them. I sure wish I was up there where it has to be cooler. Bet the mountains are awesome!
    See you tomorrow Bob!

12. […] received a call from Matt Wheeler in Casper Wyoming: http://www.thesquirrelcam.com/2009/08/05/truck-problems/ He was asking me how I liked the tires, now that’s superb customer service.  Totally […]