August 3 2009

Little Big Horn

Monument to the Indians who fought and died there

LittleBigHorn.jpg

We stopped to see the place where the battle was fought.  I was very moved by this monument.  The spirits there are strong.  I circled it four times in prayer.  May they all rest in peace both Native and Non Native alike.

We then continued on with our journey, be we have stopped here in Casper Wyoming to have the air conditioner on the truck worked on.  It was hot today and the truck wasn’t up to the task.  So we have stopped here for the night and tomorrow will have it looked after.

Other than the air conditioner problems, the truck is performing just fine and we are slowly working our way southward.  I don’t want to get any further south without that problem being fixed.

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Little Big Horn”

1. Michael says:

I will say a prayer for them as well, Hope you are having fun on your trip let me know if you come close to indiana and/or when maybe we can meet up and say hi! I am sure Kat would love that.

2. pipper says:

bob looks like ur having a great time, can wait for the next up date!!,,,,,piper

bob
    From what I can see of the monument I was really touched. Looking through the figures to the background of open land which I am guessing is the grown up battle field. I imagine standing where you were was very emotional. My imagination runs wild thinking how I would have felt had I been there. More emotional than I can write here.
    Your journey from Alaska is starting to take shape in my mind and I am starting to see you building on a dream you must have had.
    As far as your pit stop at the moment, I am SURE you know that getting that A/C working before you hit the south is a MUST! Your truck will be one big roasting pan without it!
    Look so forward to your next post and picture. I am starting to feel like I am taking a trip.

no doubt in my mind you felt spirits there – had to be quite a moving moment
    hope an a/c charge and some freon cures the problem – gotta keep your cool…
    sleep well

5. Melissa says:

Need AC before Texas!! That’s for sure. Little Big Horn is indeed a spiritual place. My father lived in Billings when I was younger so we visited it then and I still remember all the crosses scattered about. Thanks for the updates. Safe Travels!!
    Melissa

6. rolaids says:

seems your making good time there bob. safe travels.

7. Bravo says:

All our battlegrounds deserve respect, lest we forget.

Wyoming! You’re making great time.

Hey Bob, so glad to hear you are doing well! I know you are enjoying this new adventure 🙂 I hope all is going well for you guys! Godspeed in your travels & I hope you find what you are looking for. Thanks for all the great updates & I’m sure everyone is so relieved. They are awesome! I look forward to them every day. Think about you & yours everyday & sending good thoughts. Keep us posted & remember my thoughts are with you & your wife. Great photos, btw. Keep ’em coming, lol. Love you 🙂

That’s a great looking memorial. It really captures the feeling of spirits galloping through the air. I googled it and seeing the whole sculpture, with the land behind it, is very evocative. I can understand how it would bring out strong feelings when coming up to it.

10. mary says:

have a safe journey…haven’t been on in a while and was sad to see that the camera is down. I have so enjoyed watching the critters. Thank you so much for giving me a small look at Alaska. It is one of my dreams to get up there from central Illinois. Hope you are able to set up another webcam to watch whatever critters come your way and I have a feeling, there will be many as they sense friends. Good luck and God bless.