July 26 2009

Good Bye Bubba

Farewell to Bubba

Goodbyebubba.jpg

This is the last picture I captured of Bubba, farewell my old friend.  I’ll never forget you and the other little squirrels here on the Ranch.

Tags: ,

28 Responses to “Good Bye Bubba”

1. Gail Drake says:

Good Morning, Is today the moving day? If so, I want you to know how much I have enjoyed checking in with you and Bubba and all the other “critters”. I’ll miss you! If you set up another webcam, where ever you will be, will you let us know. Thank you and God Bless and safe travels!
    Gail

Gail, Wednesday we sign the paperwork on the sale of the Permafrost Ranch. Then we will be leaving that afternoon. I’ll still have this page up and we will be streaming when we can. Thanks for being a fan and please do keep watching. Hopefully, we will have many more squirrels and critters to meet.

3. BruceB says:

Bob, your sadness and feelings toward leaving, and missing Bubba is shared by many.

I wish you and family and all the small friends at the Permafrost Ranch the best. I will miss Bubba,Rodney and the Permafrost Ranch so much.

4. Bravo says:

I’m sure Bubba knows that changes are in the wind… keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

5. Suzie says:

I understand exactly what you are feeling, Bob. May you and Mrs Bob have safe journeys in all your travels and experience the wonders of the animal kingdom as you go. I’ll look forward to reading about it all in the blog. I’m sure Bubba will not forget you, either. God speed, my friend.

6. Lynn30 says:

Bye Bubba 🙁 I’ll miss you. You’re in God’s hands now and the new owners. I hope they love you like we have. As for Bob and wife …They are coming to the lower 48..What a trip 🙂 !!!

7. Jojo_of_borg says:

bye bye Bubba, thank you for giving me such a great time watching the cam on the other side of the world. Be healthy and happy, and don’t give the new folks too much trouble 😉

8. Munford says:

Glad to have a last look at Bubba before you leave. I am surely going to miss the little guy. Hope he finds someone to love him like we all do.
    God Bless you and yours as you go on the next journey of your life. Thanks for all the good times you have given us Bob. If you crank a cam back up on the air waves please try to find some way to let us know. Will we still keep seeing your messages on Twitter. I hope so. Maybe we can keep track of you that way.
    I know your daughters, their hubbys and the grandkids are sad to see you go, but what an adventure you are going to have. Wherever you go it will be a better place because you all are there. Have fun, take care, be careful and get some good old relaxation in too. Will be looking forward to see what comes your way next in your path of life. Thanks for all you did for God’s beautiful creatures and for all us viewers.

Good by Bubba. I am really going to miss you.

10. FLNative says:

Too Sad! Good Luck and Godspeed.

Wow, I have only been viewing this site for several months but will miss Bubba & everyone immensely. I pray for everyone there & hope the new owners will love them as we have. Bob, I feel like I know you & wish you & wife much happiness in your hard decision. I will miss this site soooo much but will be looking for updates. Godspeed & a safe journey wherever you go 🙂 You are in my thoughts & prayers.

12. lifesadance13 says:

Good luck Bob, will miss watching the site and the squirrels. I hope the new owners keep them well fed. will check in once in while to see if there are any updates on where you and your wife end up.

farewell Bubba, Rodney, Sugarbear and all the others staying behind at the North Pole but Bob we’ll still be following you, Debbie and Chunky Monkey on your new journey – travel safely

14. Munford says:

Oh no! Isn’t Sugarbear going with you, Bob? I thought you said you were taking him with you. I DO hope so!
    If you see Bubba anymore again before you leave yell at him, “Munford loves you little Bubba Squirrel.”

15. Bowlingmom says:

DB…I get tears in my eyes knowing you will not be streaming from AK anymore. I look forward to joining you on your many ventures around the Ole USA! I know you will still be my window while I am at work, just the blinds will be closed more than usual.

Good luck with your travels & if ever in Central FL please look us up. I have some squirrels you can can stream!

Happy & SAFE Travels to you & the Mrs!!!!

Bob I’m really going to miss the Permafrost Ranch Bubba Ruby and all the many critters that came to feed at the feeder.It’s not gonna be the same anymore.I’m glad to know that Rodney the Rooster & his 2 girls have a good home.I wish only the very best for you and Debbie on your new endever & wish the very best for you both.God rest his soul & Elvis will always look over the Permafrost
    Ranch for you while your gone.I’ll always think of you as a close friend.Good luck & God bless you both.HO-HO-HO-HO my friend.

17. bulls3x3 says:

I will truely miss all the little creaters and the sounds of the forest you have have sharred with us.We do not get that much in Chicago. I wish you good and safe travels. Peace

18. Susan says:

Dear Bob,
    I happened upon your site just as you were readying to move. I looked at every page and read your notes. I am also a squirrel fan and have several that visit daily. Your daily reports on Bubba and the others are touching, and your photos are wonderful! I really felt your pain and doubt reading your thoughts regarding leaving Permafrost.
    Please know I wish you the very best, and let us know where you land next! From Susan down in CA.

Bye, bye, Bubba. The new owners have said they’ll feed you. Hold them to it! If they don’t behave, sic Ruby on them!

Bon Voyage Bob. I’ll keep an eye on this website for stories and pictures of your adventures.

20. Squerly says:

Bye Bob, and the very best of luck on your ventures. I hope we will see you in person sometime. Please don’t be a stranger.

21. Iwonami says:

Why I am coming here every day? I cannot stop. I am so sorry that during last months I could not get to chat….
    Every day I think how is Bubba, Rodney and all others……. Where is Bob now? Driving a car from west to east?
    Questions, questions and questions…… And sadness, because it is a big loss for me……

22. Beth Paqrker says:

Thank you for many years of watching and enjoying your site! I wish you the best in your travels. Head to Kentucky, while I am sure its not as beautiful as Alaska, its a great state with all 4 seasons! Be safe!

23. Rosemary says:

A big loss for all of us, even lurkers like me. Bob, please check in soon. Are you keeping in touch with new new owners so we can get an update on our little friends? Hope so. God Bless.

Iwonami I know what you mean. I am doing the same thing. I am going to the website and twitter everyday looking for word and asking the chat the same question…… has anyone heard from bob…… and no one answers It is really sad. I get teary eyed every time I come. I just wonder how the animals are doing, but also more wondering where bob is and how he is. Sure wish someone would let me know.

25. Ed B says:

Travel safely Bob and wife. Be good Bubba. We all will miss your antics and the antics of the “kids”

Ed of So Cal

26. army_sweetheart says:

Today I recieved a telephone call from Bob and his wife… they had made it to my home town in central Alberta Canada. Unfortunately, I was not home to meet them or recieve their call… hopefully I will be able to catch up with them soon and appologize. They should be back in the United States within the next couple days if all goes well. Just thought I would throw a little update on this blog thread and offer my appologies early… I feel so terrible. I hope the rest of their trip goes without any more hitches. If they ever get up here again, and I am sure they will, I owe them a great big Alberta beef feast! My son was really heartbroken that he didnt get to meet Chunky Monkey too… that can wait until next time as well 🙂 Here is to you Bob, I definitly promise to meet you on the flip side! Hugs!

27. BruceB says:

Army-Sweetheart….thanks for letting us know of Bob and wife’s doing okay. I know Bubba wonders what is going on!

28. Iwonami says:

Dotolive, I am happy that you understand me. I am very happy that Bob is travelling safe, that he enjoys his journey and I wish him all my best.
    However I cannot stop thinking about squirrels, how they are doing now, as they are wild animals used to receive food from the human being.
    My big dream is, that one day the new owner of the Permafrost Ranch will show up here and give us some good news about Bubba and others……. Will my dream come true????????