July 18 2009

Bubba on the feeder

Bubba the Midnight Snacker

Bubba1.jpg Bubba is still around and is visiting the feeder for a late night snack.

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Bubba on the feeder”

1. Dymphnasis says:

Bubba looks good. Do you know how old he is? He appears to have recovered from those injuries he sustained awhile back!

It’s great to see Bubba. He’s looking well. You said that the new people will continue to feed the squirrels and birds. That’s also great.

Bubba looks great!

Dymphnasis, He has recovered from his injuries well. As far as his age, I think Bubba is now 4 to 5 years of age. He’s a older squirrel. He’s not living on the ranch anymore, I think the little girls he let take over his territory have driven him off the property and across the road. Nonetheless, he’s still the big boy on the block, I see very few male squirrels but him. I’ve seen him crossing the road several times now. It’s dangerous for him. So, many of the little squirrels meet their fate out on that road. I’ve been so entwined with the lives of these beautiful little creatures that I can’t tell you the amount of sadness that I’ll have when we leave.

So happy to see Bubba eating & looking so well 🙂 Hope he’s very careful crossing that road… I can just imagine the amount of sadness Bob, you’ll feel when leaving. I’m sure that Bubba will miss you terribly. But you’ve got to follow your path right now.

6. Munford says:

Oh so wonderful to see Bubba again. Sad though that he is living across the street. Hate to think those flooty girls took over his territory. Poor Bubba. I worry about that road too! He looks great and his injuries looked to have healed very well. Wonder if those injuries were from the girls taking over his territory and shed or from the young male squirrels in the area? Such cute little ones feeding on the feeder here. Looks like they are just big enough to lay in the palm of you hand- belly up-with their tails hanging over of course.

7. lindsey says:

Love him. end of story.

8. BruceB says:

I like that picture of Bubba better than any I have seen. It best illustrates the whole philosophy of the Squirrel
    Cam, I do pray his road crossing doesn’t cause his demise.

Still very sad at the cam and daily goings on coming to an end soon, just wish i had been here longer, but I am very glad I even got to share this small amount of time with such a great family.

Take care Bob,family, and fiends….only wishing you the best in the days to come.

9. JoPi says: