July 2 2009

Thanks

Thanks to All who have watched, donated and loved

06310925.jpg

This is to all of you, who have watched, donated and loved my little red squirrels.  All these years here on the Permafrost Ranch and the Great Alaskan Squirrel Cam is drawing to close.  I want to thank you all, each of you have contributed to my life in so many ways.  I can’t describe the emotions and feelings that run through my mind when we found out today that the ranch had sold.  We will sign the paper work tomorrow.  Soon the streaming will stop but the web page will continue on until we are outside in the lower 48.  I’ll try to get it back up and running as soon as I can manage to do it.  Thanks for all your prayers, support and advice.  I will miss my little buddies on the feeder, and specially this one.  Bubba has been the star of the show.  I will miss him more than i can say.

Tags: ,

36 Responses to “Thanks”

1. Jeannie says:

We will miss you Bob! Stay safe, be well, and hope to see you up and streaming again soon.

Congratulations on the sale of Permafrost Ranch.

Good luck on your new journey and I’ll keep an eye on this site for updates.

I’m going to miss Bubba as well.

3. Dorothee says:

….wholeheartedly: Good luck

4. Miami says:

Never in my life would I think I’d be crying, CRYING, over a little squirrel. :******(

The best to you and your’s Bob! I wish you the best and the critters on the Permafrost Ranch. If only they knew how special they are and how much joy they have brought me and my family.

5. Melissa says:

Congratulations Bob! You have a whole new chapter to look forward to. Thanks for providing such a great opportunity to share a little piece of Alaska out your window. The chats have been fun and memorable. You have so many neat pictures of Bubba and the other squirrels, so you should be set for memories of them fot the years to come. Again, thanks for sharing your life and that of the local critters with us and we look forward to the near future when we can connect again. Good luck with all the stuff you’ve got to do now that the papers are signed and the work begins! And please give Bubba a little treat for all of us who love him:)

I have only found this cam for a few months but I will miss Bubba very much…I’ve come to love that little guy, lol! Never thought I’d be crying over this either Miami, LOL…The best to you Bob & yours, I wish you much happiness in your new endeavor 🙂 Will be watching for new updates soon. Thank you so much! Be careful on your journeys.

7. Molly says:

Bob and Debbie – I am so happy for you. I know it must be hard to pack up and move after so long. But at the same time, I know you’re very excited about your new adventure just on the horizon. I wish you all the best in the world. I’m so glad to have been introduced to your site. It has been a joy to be a part of it. I will miss it terribly. Even though I was unable to talk much, I was always watching. I’m gonna miss loggin in every morning and find out what North Pole, AK is looking like on whatever given day or time of year. You were my connection to the North 🙂 You’ve made a lot of friends all across the US and other parts as well. I do hope to get to meet up with in a few weeks. Take care and enjoy the ride. ——- Molly

8. Tales says:

Goodbye, Goodluck and Hope to see you on the cam soon! In the past half year that I’ve known about you I have just loved watching the stream, enjoying the sound etc. Good luck to you and your Wife!

We will be here when you get back online 🙂

9. FLNative says:

I will miss this peaceful site I enjoyed watching Bubba and the girls. I would like to thank you and wish you the very best in the next chapter for your life. God Bless you and yours.

10. Lynn30 says:

I agree with everyone! Tears,missing Bubba, missiing the quietness and peaceful surroundings of this site. God Bless you and find a way to stay connected. Have a wonderful adventure!!!! Lynn

11. Munford says:

I am like Miami, littlesnow, and Lynn. I have tears for Bubba too. He does love you, Bob. Are you sure you can’t catch him and make him a special little squirrel pet? I think he would be happy with you. I wouldn’t do that with just any squirrel, but Bubba’s a smart squirrel. He knows who you are and what you have done for him. Wouldn’t he make you a very special pet along on your journeys?
    So happy about this next adventure in your life and may God bless you and yours.
    By the way- I don’t think you told us what your children had to say. Do you think they will stay put in Alaska or move back to the lower 48?

12. BruceB says:

I have only been here for a week or so, and regret not being here over the past years. I am just happy that I did get to share some of the happiness, that this place is all about. Bubba,and all his tribe, Rodney and his crowing, and the other little friends that make up what your life has been over the past years.

And also from reading past blogs here, your affinity and devotion, right or wrong to Alaska. I am happy for you, for doing what you are wanting to do at this time frame in your life, and wishing you and your wife many happy days ahead. I do know you have given us (viewers) a big part of your life.

I too,will also miss the North Pole Ak connection, and worry about Bubba and friends in the future, and the future of the Permafrost Ranch. There is so much I want to say…but most of all, our deep gratitude to Bob and wife and family and his animal friends for giving us something warm,caring and truthful to see and experience each day.

God Bless..

Will be following the progress…….

Bye Bubba…..and Rodney…………and Flyers…..booohooooo….

13. beanz says:

I am so pleased you have managed to sell the ranch but as you say it is sad in a way to have to leave all your little friends behind especially “bubba”

Reading your message bob has brought tears to my eyes 🙁

I will try & keep visiting the web page.

I do hope your move goes ok & you settle in ok where ever you are moving to.

Take care bob

you & the little star will be missed by many!!!

Beanz x

14. Heather says:

I got tears in my eyes!!! I will miss my window while at work!! Good luck to you & may you get my window up & running soon!

Until then…I WILL MISS YOU & THE SQUIRRELS!
    Bowlingmom

First of all I wish Bob and his wife all the best. I will be forever waiting for you to come back to life. Second, I sit here looking and crying. While I know it must be done I feel so sad that it is coming to an end. Bubba’s eyes say it all.
    I will miss him so much and I will miss watching the ranch, I will miss the thermometer on camera 1 and the bowl of peanut butter. I am looking forward to what you will show us next Bob. I have learned to love you dearly and want you to be happy. You will be and I know that. You just make people happy no matter where you go. wherever you go I will follow you, I want you to know that. With much love dont say goodby but see you at another time and with another venture………Love Dorthy

16. BruceB says:

Why does life have to change so much? Why? Why? Why?

I would have been perfectly happy to have read the blogs, looked at the pictures , gotten to know Bob better, watched what was going on at North Pole ,AK, and watched Bubba age gracefully for the next million years.

There is so much I want to say, the Squirrel Cam and friends have become very dear to me in such a short time.

17. Gail Drake says:

Dear Bob and Family, (Furry and otherwise),
    I have greatly enjoyed watching your webcam for over a year and I’m very sad to be loosing you, Bubba, the flyers and the birds. I wish you safe travels and God Speed.
    Gail from Maine

18. Gail says:

Dear Bob and Family, (Furry and otherwise),I have greatly enjoyed watching your webcam for over a year and I’m very sad to be loosing you, Bubba, the flyers and the birds.  I wish you safe travels and God Speed.  Gail from Maine

19. Bravo says:

It’s as if Bubba knows you’re leaving, and I know in his own wild way, he’s going to miss you too. Years have come and gone, seasons have passed, and you’ve both been in the same place to share good company. Now that you must go, I’m sure he will understand, and Nature will quietly continue down this stream.

I wish you Godspeed and safe journeys for your change in course, wherever the road may lead.

20. lindsey says:

I am crying. I have fallen in love with bubba and I have only been on here a short amount of time.

Please ask the new owners if they would feed the squirrels? Leave them with a few bags of food to do so and maybe they too will fall in love.

21. Nancy and Mike says:

Greetings to you Bob, and your family. We live here in Fairbanks, and stumbled across this website this past winter! We so enjoyed watching the critters! Bubba is “The Bomb!” Rodney made us howl with laughter! We never saw the flyers, but I am planning to do a research paper on flyers for my Children’s Writing course. I was inspired by the precious pics I saw at your site, and I am enjoying reading, and learning about this species! Thanks for the idea!!! We wish you the best, and so hope you can start a web cam up in the lower 48. Thank you so much for providing this fun place to visit, and enjoy! We will miss it,no doubt! Just a thought…….Do you suppose the new owners of the ranch may be interested in picking up where you left off with the Critter Cafe’? Just wondering…… Best Wishes…..Enjoy your new home, and all the nature around you there! Nancy and Mike

22. Jan says:

I will miss this site so much and all the critters we have all grown to know and love.
    I have a feeling a part of you will stay for a long time to come. Wondering in you quest for a new life…. will you
    plan to move somewhere that you will be opening a new adventure to other squirrels and a new site. Hope so.
    Many thanks and keep us all informed .

23. army_sweetheart says:

Take care Bob and travel safe. I will have you and your family in my prayers as you embark on a new journey and adventure in your lives. I will look for new blogs and journey along with you. Travel with the wind and rest when it is needed. You will do well, your charisma has shown itself through a webcam and your love of the little creatures, we will miss you and the squirrels, but we will look forward to sharing the new things that you find when your paths cross them and the new people you touch and leave a mark on as well. Be well, and be safe my friend.

Bob,
    You, Bubba and all the wildlife on the Permafrost Ranch have brought a gentle peace, joy and simplicity to a hurried world. I think the sadest moment will be when Bubba realizes your gone. I have to think that maybe not all the fights with Ruby were about food or being the reigning squirrel but maybe sometimes a determination just to see you, his old friend, the one who has loved him, cared for him and nursed him back to health so many times. Like you said. ‘Sometimes the creator and our ancestors speak through others to reach us – the path we follow on the road, is intersected by many others and if we are still enough to listen wisdom is revealed in the beauty of the world.’

Thank you for sharing your life with us.
    Pace e Bene

25. Wedrowiec says:

Thank you for letting me take part in the life of all Alaskan dwellers.
    Yours, Bob, and all the animals, the squirrels, birds, the rooster and
    rabbits. I’ve been observing the feeders for some years now, and the
    first photo that I downloaded to my computer was from 24 Febraury 2006.
    I will miss Bubba, Little Girl and others 🙁

I’m very sorry that a part of my internet life has just ended, and it’s
    very sad that you and your wife have to leave Permafrost Ranch. I know
    what it means because some time ago I had to leave the place I loved.
    But the changes can be inspiring. I’m very glad that you have plans for
    your future, and that you will from now on live in better conditions.

Large group of net surfers and animal lovers from Poland wish you luck.

Joanna (wedrowiec)

26. Ed B says:

Bob and wife I know I will also miss your little Permafrost Ranch and your thoughtful musings. I guess since I still miss Fatso, Bubba’s predecessor, I know that I will also miss Bubba and your writing about the guys who tear up your lawn next to the road, the political doings on in your Alaska and your Midnight Sun POW WOWs… Thank you for sharing your life with us here. We are all vastly richer for having shared moments and thoughts with you. Thank you and good travels. Ed B of So California

27. Tonja says:

I left Fairbanks, Alaska for Kansas at the end of April. I had lived in Alaska for 5 years and found it very hard to leave. To remedy my homesickness, I started looking at webcams, first the Arctic Cam and feeling the need for more as a result stumbled on the squirrel cam. With the sound of the rooster, traffic and tradio blasting out of the radio, I quickly became and in such a short timespan….hooked beyond belief.
    I saw the squirrels the first three times I was watching and became even more hooked. Your site became a home away from home. It makes me sad that after only watching for a month, to now learn of your leaving and to lose this personal touch with an area that is so abundantly blessed with nature and the wildlife that lives in virtually everyone’s backyard, I’m at a loss.
    Thank you though and I wish you the best here in the Midwest. Your pictures of Bubba and others are amazing.
    You have a gift for sharing and I want you to know how soothing this site has been to my homesick soul.

28. florida says:

We will miss the squirrel cam so much!!!!!!!! We will keep an eye out for updates on the site. Hope to see it up again soon. We’ll miss you and Bubba! Thanks so much for doing the website, it was amazing!!

29. Annie says:

I am so sad for the squirrels. It brings tears to my eyes.
    Good luck Bob.
    Thank you so much for ALL the animals I watched these past few months. They brought me so much joy.

Bob, thanks again for this wonderful cam…I will miss you & the squirrels terribly! 🙂 I wish you great luck on your travels & will watch for your great blogs to come once you start your travels!

31. pookie says:

Congratulations Bob, and thank you so much for The Squirrel Cam & Bubba “The Star”! You will all be missed. Good luck with this great new chapter of your life!

32. Jojo_of_borg says:

Dear Bob,

thank you for the lovely entertainment your yard has provided me with.
    I will miss the squirrels, and I wish I could have seen the return of my favorite little ones, the noisy redpolls. They have sure brightened up my living room with their sounds this winter.

I have only been with you since february, but I enjoyed my stay very much.
    I wish you and Debby all the best in the world, and I hope to follow your travels through your country!

Love, Jojo

33. Suzie says:

I emailed you a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to leave a comment as well. Thank you so very much for allowing us a glimpse of your personal paradise. I have listened to and enjoyed the birds, the squirrel chatter and yes the squirrel wars as well. Bubba, Little Girl, Ruby and all the gang will be missed. I will remember them all, including Rodney the time challenged rooster. Good luck to you and Mrs. Bob in your journeys through the lower 48. Let me know when you hit Texas. Plenty of cold beer, Mexican food and hook ups for the rig will be waiting. Have fun, stay safe and God bless.

Suzie

We all love Bubba & will miss him terribly 🙁

35. Jonathan says:

I am really going to miss all the squirrels, Rodney, the bunnies, the birds, the ducks. I live in a busy city and I don’t have the chance to see so much beautiful wildlife. I am so sad now that I won’t see the FLYERS. Sometimes I used to stay up late to catch a glimpse of these beautiful creatures. I have my doubts that I am going to see flyers now that you are leaving the ranch.

THANK YOU for the chance to see so many animals.

Bob….I have to ask…..what do the new owners think about the squirrels and are they interested in continuing to feed them or show any interest in them? And also.. what are you going to do with the chickens? I really want to know..please??? sniff sniff