June 14 2009

Permafrost Ranch

Sunday Morning

4836.jpg

I grabbed this picture of the old Permafrost Ranch this morning when I first got up at 4:15 AM.

8 Responses to “Permafrost Ranch”

1. Leslie says:

It wasn’t bad enough that you were *awake* at 4:15 am, so you decided to get a picture to commemorate the occasion? 😉

That’s nice. Even though it’s close to the road the trees (the enormous, impressive, beautiful trees!) give it a very private look. What time does the sun come up this time of year?

Leslie: LOL

Z, the Sunrise was at 3:03 AM this morning, and the Sunset won’t be until 12:41 AM the following day.

Many years ago, when I was a youngster, I considered moving to Alaska and I used to buy Alaskan newspapers just to see how many hours of night and day you had. I was intrigued.

Then I got a job and a boyfriend and an apartment and moving to Alaska wasn’t an option anymore. But the day/night hours still intrigue. (grin)

Beautiful pic, DataBrokers 🙂 I’m up early also, always had trouble sleeping.

6. BruceB says:

Just curious…Permafrost Ranch…..?

And I just found TSC, really enjoying it. Wish I was in Alaska right now.

I will return one day.

It’s what I call this place, it’s the only thing that grows real well most of the year. The permafrost is permanently frozen soil. thanks for stopping by the blog BruceB

8. BruceB says:

Oh, its my pleasure to find your blog, I was in Fairbanks for 3 days 2006, Alaska for 2 weeks.

I think I have a picture of Mr Squirrel taken in Seward ,AK….The red squirrels in AK are so much different than our gray squirrels here in Virginia. Also the magpies in AK amazed me, and I can’t believe the places I saw seagulls.

Great name for your homestead, I often wondered why wells and water were such a problem in AK, I read an article written by a professor at UAF, that explained why, permafrost and silt.

Gosh, at the wood you have cut and split.